TEMPORARY RESIDENCE APPLICATIONS
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE APPLICATIONS & RELATED SERVICES
Rendered to foreigners intending to reside in the Republic on a temporary (prescribed periods) and are applying under any of the prescribed categories and visa applications required, applications submitted locally and from abroad.
TYPES OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE VISAS/CATEGORIES OF APPLICATION: Visitor’s Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
- Up to three (3) month holiday or any other bona fide purpose.
- Extended periods up to three (3) years, for example volunteer work, research, sabbaticals, accompanying family members and other prescribed purpose.
- Foreign spouses (married persons or life partners) desiring to reside in South Africa, also to receive authorisation to conduct work and/or business activities.
Study Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
For students intending to study or wishing to extend studies at primary, secondary, tertiary or other recognised institutions of learning.
Exchange Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
- Cultural, economic and social exchanges between higher educational institutions and government departments and bodies
- Foreigners under the age of twenty five (25) years and for not longer than one (1) year
Medical Treatment Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
Foreigners receiving medical treatment or recovering from an operation.
Relative’s Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
Foreign spouses (married persons and life partners), parents and children of South African citizens and residents wishing to reside in the Republic.
Work Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
Critical Scarce Skills Work, General Work and Intra Company Transfer Work Visa applications.
Business Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
Foreigners intending to invest in a current business, start their own business or renewal of current business permit (now visa) applications.
Corporate Visas & Individual Corporate Worker Visas & Extension/Renewal Applications:
Corporate applicants and for corporate and/or seasonal workers.
Retired Person’s Visas & Renewal/Extension Applications:
Foreigners in the process of or intending to retire in the Republic, on a temporary and permanent basis, also to be authorised to conduct work activities in certain instances.